Tuesday, April 1, 2014

anjani siddhartha

Mind eaten by thoughts, 
body shrinking with time.
Smelling the end of my fingers
is a custom I have.

Don't disturb me while
I am dreaming, it is impolite.

Sorry if I don't hear your loud cries,
I am way too busy waiting for this
body to die.

Madness is my escape
to the divine.
Guilty and uninspired I left it all
to chance.

Lumbering in darkness to hide
this heinous crime: to expose
the secrets of this
trembling mind.

Is there a need to brush my hair
if I not longer care?
Let the mirror lie.

If I AM here, who is there?
why deny the smell of
Coco Chanel?

Nietzsche said god is dead,
I swear it wasn’t me…
How can I kill someone that
doesn’t exist?

I better go , it is getting late,
what the future holds when
it open its gates? maybe a new
Starbucks with the flavor of the day.

Anjani