Tuesday, February 4, 2014

anjani

Tonight my room smells like old Tibet,
not incense burning by my bed,
a past life memory perhaps ?
or just mind playing games….

Must be 9 or 10 pm, another sleepless night
waiting for the sun to rise again.

Who call you, thoughts of yesterday ?
Let them pass, just let go yogis said…
I just turn around and itch my breast.

What is right ? what is wrong ? who can say ?

California breeze moves the trees outside 
my windows and the shadows seem like 
people passing by.

I just watch, make not noise, the pencil on the
paper guides my hand…
oh, there it goes again, another image on my mind,
and the sounds calling for attention… they want me
to choose either “this or that”.

I won’t fall for this ruse, not this time !
whose mind is dreaming ?
I don’t think it is mine…

anjani
feb. 4 2014