Friday, March 14, 2014

anjani siddhartha

TO THE MEN IN MY LIFE (reflections on the past)

I still don’t understand why…
Was I too smart ? too young ? too old ?
too Harsh ?
for you to disappear from my life…

Maybe not enough woman to make you
feel a real man.

I know I get a little crazy at times, throw
my phone across the room when I get
depressed or get mad;

break the mirrors on the wall with my bare hands.


Look around !
it maybe why: clothes piled
on the floors, the tables and divan…
and the kitchen! dirty dishes and the salt is 
hard to find.

Oh…I see the books laying on the bathroom tiles, 
“Tibetan book of the dead”, Buddha,
Lao -Tzu , The Gita  
and the poems of Maupassant….

I begin to understand…

I always talk about alien life when you just want to go
to bed and play the man.
Then I proceed to tell you about my past lives, astral
travels and the other side.

Maybe you are Christian and I am way too much…
or my body is not what you expected, 
I am stronger than you are…

Maybe you are afraid of me,
my tattoos make me a rebel in your eyes.
Maybe I am boring even if I think
that I am being fun…

I am also way too stringent and know what I really like.
keep running, save your life ! I may forgive you, 
once, twice or thrice…after that will never want
to see your shadow day or night.

I give you my body and intellectual mind, 
in return you have to give me 
your devotion and be mine.

You told me “will be forever by your side”.
it was the biggest lie, you are a fake, 
I am way to real for your laughs.

I still don’t understand why…

Or maybe I do, 
and just want to play the part.

anjani

march 14, 2014