Wednesday, July 16, 2014

anjani siddhartha

I can easily pretend that all is well…
just keep on walking with my head 
held high, slight smile on my lips;
but each step will carry within the 
pain of previous lives’s broken dreams.

I can focus in the present, I know,
but that too will be pretending the
line from there to here
is an imaginary one…and from
now till then, a non existent time.

As to the where and how, it is
been my long time desire: to
see myself as the absolute,
without needs and longings;
the “other” disappearance…

But this physical reality hits me
in the head like a zen master with
an iron rod…. the mad monkey king
of the Chinese lore:
He hits, he prances and away he goes !

Then I lower my face and laugh,
a few minutes later I may cry…
then, my mystic mood sets in:
not face, not tears only light and dark.
Existence at its prime.

When I open my eyes,
I am still here, going nowhere…
eternal presence like a soft
breeze carrying a bittersweet lullaby.
Life’s eternal dance.

Anjani

July 16, 2014