Tuesday, July 22, 2014

“In praise of aloneness”

In waken up in the mornings 
I can stretched  out in bed,
look at the clock by my side and 
go into the blankets again.

Then, walk naked into the
kitchen  to make black coffee
to start off my day.
No one to tell me “get dress !”

Tv or music ? my choice as well.
I can leave dirty the dishes and
panties at least for today,
Wash them later I may.

Driving my car in silence, except
for heavy metal and rock !
not one to tell me:
“please turn it off ! “

Not one to call… what a relief,
I can sit and just think.
this is my conclusion:
“Life is just a passing dream”

Keep on reading my new book:
I Am That: Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj’’
until my eyes hurt and then 
go to my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class.

Write poems as they come to mind,
expose my feelings to the world at large,
Let my hair grow or cut it off 
without asking anyone.

Touch myself if the need arise, 
got to the market without a bra.
Speak little and reflect on life,
Just like a mime in a French park.

When sadness comes, let it be,
not need to fight…
smile on the mirrors one more time,
like so many times in the past.

Tears will fall as well, and that’s all right.
Not need to argue about politics
or the left and right,
neither religions and past lives.

When the day comes for Anjani to die,
certainly it won’t be the first time:
Bodies die alone all the time…
in Himalayan caves or in a trailer park.

It won’t make a difference,
to the body/mind…
I will follow the journey with
not one by my side.

I am a warrior , all right ,
of the dark and also the light.
Not stoping now, the price is
beyond this mortal life.

Anjani

July 22, 2014